Monday 3 January 2011

The runners Hi...Day 3 Janathon

Miles:4
Total Janathon mileage: 8, yeah baby!!!
Sky:Pink
Legs: still there
Knee:twingy
Fellow runners that smiled:1
Fellow runners that didn't smile:3
% or runners wearing fluorescent clothing:100!


Up early again this morning to enjoy my first 'longer' run since dropping out of Snowdonia marathon training in October. (admittedly 4 miles isn't long, but I have to start somewhere don't I).


It was beautifully still and quiet at 8am, with most of the world still in bed enjoying a bank holiday lie in. 1.5 miles in I met an old friend who was walking her dog, got a bit chilly as we 'caught up' with life etc. It was good to see her, she was going home to tidy up before the cleaner arrived, I've never understood why you clean before a cleaner comes!!!!
Saw a very nice chap out running, he actually waved and said Hi, what a lovely man. Another 3 runners were obviously too 'in the zone' to wave or acknowledge me, it always amazes me, I often wonder if I dropped dead in front of them would they help....? All runners were wearing day-glo tops, safety first!!


In other top news: I've bleached the wall tiles in my bathroom! They look fab-u-lous. Today is also a day of academic excellence, I will attempts to finish my lab report ready for submission next week.


I'm also going to not try and start a twitter riot by making cheeky, dry comments about cheating, time machines and other such nonsense. 

6 comments:

  1. I find runners more friendly than cyclist, I got 4 nods ,2 hellos and a wave from runners today, 5 cyclist rode past me and blanked my cheerful hello!! (I was on a bike so i am obviously an exception)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the same - as a cyclist also - I can honestly say that some cyclists are really (and I mean really grumpy). Others (like me) are usually just watching the traffic, pot holes, dogs bouncing out the back of 4x4's, old folks walking out into the road thinking bikes will just bounce off them etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always get smiles or nods from fellow runners, cyclists are normally going the other way to fast to acknowledge me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must leap to the defence of cyclists here. That's my primary sport and we're a very friendly bunch on the whole. I find that runners or cyclists and walkers too are much more friendly in the countryside than in towns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defo agree with the country vs town angle. BUT pretty sure that cycling doesn't have the monopoly on grumpy people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I moved from London to Kent and find the runners in London far friendlier than they are here. Cyclists, however, in London, should be shot on sight.

    ReplyDelete