Thursday 6 January 2011

It's raining men- day 6...

Well it sadly wasn't raining men or even raining chocolate or jelly babies...but it was raining in biblical proportions in Surrey today...
Here's the conversation in my head prior to exiting chez joggernotablogger...

My inner runner: right, trainers on..all dressed ready...?
Me: No
My inner runner: What do you mean no, no is not an option...
Me: It's raining
My inner runner: You like rain
Me: That was last week
My inner runner: What about the cause?
Me: What cause..?
My inner runner: The run every day in January cause, the get fit before Brighton half cause, the shake your fat ass into those skinny jeans cause...
Me:There is nothing wrong with my ass
My inner runner:There will be if you sit on it all day
Me:That's true, you have a point
My inner runner: So, come on you're dressed ready, lets go, how about just a two...a three if you're feeling good
Me: well maybe just a two
My inner runner: that's the spirit
Me:but only cause you made me
My inner runner: I did :o)
Me:meh....ughhh...yuk!

45 minutes later
My inner runner: Better
Me:Much
My inner runner: How far
Me:Just four
My inner runner: 4, that's fab, well done
Me:Thanks :o)
My inner runner:You're a nutter
Me:I'm not as nutty as you, and I am very very wet!

Miles:4
Water levels:Rising
Knee pain:2/10
Calf pain:ouch
Iced baths:1
Number of cars which splashed me: 1

5 comments:

  1. Well done for getting out there in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Surrey too (guildford) and it was pissing all day, I got splashed by a car too! gggrrhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta go out about 0730 tomorrow morning.... interval training... it's due to snow here in the black country... i think i might need to borrow your inner runner! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inner runner is a sadist, but in a good way. Excellent running - it seems that being splashed by cars is today's theme: happened to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha good blog, I like your style! You always blog in a way which makes me want to do one similar...which considering you're 'not a blogger' is very impressive!

    4 miles is excellent :) well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete