Tuesday 18 January 2011

18-1-11 I'm still running

I was itching to run, the sun began to set as I coaxed a reluctant minijoggernotablogger to do her homework. I am not good at running in the dark, I have a bit of an iffy left eye, which means that seeing in the dark isn't my strength.  I know everyone finds the dark difficult but my dodgy eye means that my brain is slower to compensate in the dark. This means that I frequently run, bump into lamp posts, hedges and trees and branches. It is mostly why I choose to run in day light. However, it's not always possible.

So with minijogger safely dropped off at her club for an hour and a half I could kick back and have a run. I have been really pleased with myself, 50 miles so far, no injuries and not missed a day's blog or jog since the beginning of January.

Today I ran 5 commando commuter dodging miles! It was great and good to be out there in the cool air.

To sum up at just over the half way point....
There's been lots of washing, new friends made, new experience of blogging, reconciliation with my Garmin that recently threw a wobbly, signing up for marathon, and just motivation. I don't think I've lost a pound since starting in January, but the wobbly bits don't wobble any more and the Christmas choccys are all gone. Last and by far the greatest is my increased fitness levels, it's kick started me into action again, where complacency and procrastination could have set in.

Miles:5
Total:55
Fit running men:100s, ok 4...
Leg twinges:1
Dead frogs:1

No comments:

Post a Comment