Monday 24 January 2011

Janathon @ the Gym- Day 24

I went to the gym tonight. I am not a gym bunny, I tolerate the gym. I'd much rather be out in the open air enjoying the fresh fumes of the planes as they soar into the air- no seriously I would! But, for one night only, whilst mini-jogger-not-a-blogger had her swimming lesson, I ran on the dreadmill for 3 miles. I had a great increase of speed and even ran 3, 1 minute intervals at 12k! Wow!

In other exciting Janathon related news, my kit is all washed and put away, I've realised how much running stuff I actually do have and how much washing I have been doing to keep up with the demand!

It's kind of sad but I am actually looking forward to the end of Janathon, I've been really pleased I've kept up with it, very proud, but my legs would really like a day off! I've not lost an ounce of weight, but do (apparently from a reliable source) look like I've lost half a stone! Whoop!

Miles:3
Total:64

5 comments:

  1. Well done on surviving 3 miles on a dreadmill. 12K speed too - thats when I think I'm going off the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I had an Iphone catastrophe though, got my arm caught in the headphone wire, which sent it flying out off the rest thing and on to the next treadmill, good job nobody was on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed that people can run on dreadmills, the make me dizzy! Great pace too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, I would rather be out doors, so well done for your run, only 7 left to go, then we can all put up our feet for a few hours at least

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your Sunday and Monday blog. Your brain and legs must be worn out by now and all the exercise will give you a 'trimmer' figure than you already have. Drizzles look lovely and if you eat them all well the weight will not disappear - Ha Ha. One week less one day and counting down to the end of January.

    ReplyDelete